MINUTES OF THE NZWA ANNUAL
GENERAL MEETING HELD AT THE PT. CHEVALIER
SAILING CLUB, AUCKLAND, ON THE 22 JUNE 1996
Welcome and Introduction.
Executive Committee Members present: Committee Members/NZWA Representatives present:
Member Club/Regional Representatives:
The minutes of the 1995 AGM were read and approved.
REPORTS: The following reports were read and acccepted -
Election of Officers:
The following Officers were elected for the 1996 - 1997 year:
The following Heads of Committees were elected for the 1995 - 1996 year:
Amendments to the Constitution and Vote:
As per last year, we confirm that the following rules shall be amended in the following respects once there are enough other changes to warrant the cost of an official revised edition.
1. Amendment to Rule 21.2 "....... , the Accounts and the Annual Financial Statement shall be required to be audited." (Delete "shall not")
2. Addition to 7.1.5. under TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP :
" is found to have infracted the Association's Sport Drug
The following items were raised, discussed and decided apon:
* Geoff Hardy will be continuing as standing president until someone with a closer involvement with windsurfing is able to take over the position.
* The meeting approved that the executive committee shall investigate a closer association with Yachting New Zealand to see if there would be mutual benefit because of stretched resources. If the committee then decides that a move is of mutual benefit, a proposal shall be submitted to members to vote on.
* The 1996 - 1999 NZWA Strategic Management Plan was approved pending on any changes that may come by adopting a closer association with Yachting New Zealand. Every level would then move accordingly.
* That affiliation fees remain at $5 per member, individual subscriptions remain at $20 and NZL Sail number prices remain at $10 for 3 digits, $15 for two and $20 for single digits pending on the above.
* Secretary's service contract and performance review was circulated at the meeting and met approval.
Wendy is to investigate handing over the newsletter to Bruce Spedding, and membership to Maury Leyland, so she can concentrate on special projects and administration.
* That the NZWA continues to ratify the Marketing Arm.
* 1996 Honorary NZWA Members: Those proposed and voted in for receiving honorary membership for their dedication and lasting contribution to windsurfing Nationwide -
Arthur Gatland: for all his unpaid efforts in setting up and running the Manukau Windsurf Club and organising many successful race events around the North Island over the last several years.
Barry Biggs: for all his unpaid efforts in setting up and running the Canterbury Windsurfing Association and for his continuted dedication to supporting the windsurfing community in Canterbury.
Other names mentioned as prospects for this award were: Helen Harrison (Wellington), Glen Bright (Tauranga) and Dave Smithers (Taranaki).
* That the 1997 AGM be held in Auckland in mid June. Date to
be set and notice circulated with the April/May newsletter.
The AGM was then closed at 4.30pm.